This historic railroad station in Stuyvesant, New York opened in 1881 after the original station was destroyed by a fire. Mull & Fromer, Masons and Builders, of Catskill, New York, built the new Italianate station that served New York Central Railroad‘s Water Level Route. The station closed in 1958 as new highways further inland became the more popular means of transportation. Following its closure, the station was sold to a man who used it for storage. In the ensuing years, it fell into neglect and deterioration and suffered a great deal of vandalism. Luckily, a group of locals formed the Stuyvesant Railroad Station Restoration Committee. By 1996, the town of Stuyvesant purchased the old station and with the state and federal grant money that the restoration committee had secured, restoration began in 1999, the same year it was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The station was constructed as a five-bay brick building. Dimensions are 50 feet long by 20 feet wide. Topped with a hipped roof, other features include a molded and ornamented cornice and curved canopy.