New Paltz, New York is home to many old historic stone houses that were built by the town’s founding Huguenot families. Many date back to the early 18th century, but this one here represents one of the last stone houses from that period of New Paltz history. Built circa 1820, it was the home of Solomon Eltinge, the great grandson of Abraham Dubois, one of New Paltz’s founders. The house remained in the hands of Huguenot descendants until 1920, when it became the local town library. It is still alive and well as a library, although in 2008, security footage caught what some thought to be a ghost while others believe to simply have been a bug on the camera.