This well preserved piece of Beacon, New York’s history was built in 1873. The depot was originally just a two story frame building. The lower story, at track level, met arriving freight shipments and the upper floor held the ticketing office and a passenger waiting room. A third floor was added in 1876 to house the railroad’s offices. By the 1920’s, the automobile made rail travel unprofitable and the depot saw its last passengers in the 30’s. Today, the street level floor is a salon with apartments above.