In 1785, Quaker farmer, Charles Doughty built this historic house in Flushing, Queens. Doughy”s son-in-law, famous sea captain, Joseph King bought the house in 1801 and named it “Kingsland.” Since it was built, the house has been relocated twice. It was originally located at 155th Street, but was moved in 1923 to make way for an apartment building. In 1968, when the house faced demolition, it was moved to its current location in Weeping Beech Park. In 1965, it was the first building in Queens to be declared a New York City landmark.