This historic Hudson Valley house in Sloatsburg, New York is the Greek-Revival house built by inventor, entrepreneur, and philanthropist, Jacob Sloat (1792-1857) in 1848.
The house stayed in the Sloat family until 1908, when it was sold to Tuxedo Park founder, Pierre Lorillard.
For the next 50 years, the house served as the Ramapo Inn, Henry Inn, and the Vailati’s Inn and Restaurant.
In 1954, it was converted into an adult care facility that operated until 2003. After several years of neglect, this New York historic site was rescued in 2006 by the Town of Ramapo, who has since been working to restore it.