This fort in Port Jervis, New York was originally built around 1760 as a defense and trading post during the French and Indian War. It lasted nearly 20 years until the Revolutionary War, when Mohawk leader and British ally, Joseph Brant, led both Natives and Tories to burn the fort down. The house seen today was built in 1793 from the remains of the fort. During the 19th century, it housed engineers working on the Delaware and Hudson Canal, including John Jervis, whom Port Jervis is named for. Today, the old stone house serves as a museum for the Minisink Valley Historical Society.