This historic house and inn located in Fishkill, New York was built after Long Islander, Dirck Brinckerhoff, bought a 2,000-acre tract of land from Madam Brett in 1718. The house began as a two-room stone structure built by Abraham Brinckerhoff, Dirck’s oldest son. Abraham’s oldest son, Derick, would construct his mansion around this two-room stone house and trading post. Derick Brinckerhoff was the Colonel of the Second Regiment of Dutchess County Militia and an eight-term member of the State Assembly. During the Revolutionary War, many influential guests would visit the home.
The house would be passed down through generations of the Brinckerhoff family until it sold in 2014. Since then, the interior of the house has been lovingly and meticulously renovated to reflect its historical lineage and welcoming to the public as a historic Luxury Inn.