This abandoned mansion in Wappinger, New York was built in 1850 by retired New York City hardware merchant, William Henry Willis. Willis had the house built in an Italianate style on a beautiful point overlooking the Hudson River. With grounds designed by Andrew Jackson Downing, the beautiful 200+ acre estate would be enjoyed by the Willis family until the death of their son, who died in the house after a battle with tuberculosis. The Willis family sold Carnwath to Civil War general, George Barclay, who used it as his summer home before leaving it to his daughter and son-in-law after his death in 1869. By 1910, it was owned by the attorney of the infamous Boss Tweed, who would later sell the estate to a Catholic friary in 1925. During their nearly 60 year ownership of the property, the Order of the Brothers of Hermits added an administration building, chapel, and dormitory to the estate, but Carnwath would continue to switch hands, being bought by Greystone Programs in 1984 as a place to care for severely handicapped individuals. In 1999, it was purchased by the Town of Wappinger, who have since converted the dormitory into the Frances Reese Cultural Center and have opened the Sports Museum of Dutchess County there. Today, you can visit the museum or just walk the beautiful, open grounds that serve as a public park.