Contact

During the mid 19th century this site saw a cotton mill then grist and saw mill before the Tioronda Hat Works was built in 1878. Located on Fishkill Creek next to the Tioronda Bridge (featured a couple weeks ago) the Tioronda Hat Works Factory was one of many factories and mills that popped up along Fishkill Creek during the nineteenth century industrialization. During their years of operation (this factory closed 1949), many of the Fishkill Creek factories heavily polluted the creek and river by discharging their wastes directly into the water. It was not until the Water Pollution Act of 1972 that the creek saw some justice served in the indictment of factory pollution. Now the water is running a little clearer as the site is part of the Madam Brett Park



Nearby Places..


More Abandoned Places..

Amenities
0.0

0 Reviews

Rating 0

0 Reviews

Write a Review

Contact info

555 South Ave, Beacon, NY 12508, USA

Sponsored Ad

Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in viverra quis, feugiat tellus nulla ut metus varius.

Register

Have an account?