This is the last surviving Greek Revival style church designed by famed architect, Alexander Jackson Davis. Built in 1835, it served for several generations as a visual landmark for ships sailing up and down the Hudson. It remained an active house of worship until 1967, when the congregation moved to a church in the Town of Newburgh. For decades it remained abandoned, but by 2001 it, was designated a National Historic Landmark and much work was put into preserving the church. Sadly, a major setback occurred in 2012 when the beautiful coffered and arched ceiling collapsed. Since then, it’s fate has remained largely unsettled, leading it being places on the World Monuments Fund’s 100 Most Endangered Sites list.