The Bennett School for Girls
Bennett School for Girls
Bennett School for Girls aka “Halcyon Hall”was built as a luxury hotel in 1890, it failed to attract the business it hoped for and closed in 1901.In 1907, it became the new home for Miss May Bennett’s school for girls. A six year school (4 for high school and 2 for higher education), the Bennett School lasted until 1978 after year’s of coeducation’s popularity had dwindled its attendance. Since then, the property has remained abandoned and switched hands multiple times. Today, the building is far too deteriorated to save completely and has had tentative plans to be demolished.