orange county Tag

Belknap Stone House NEWBURGH, ORANGE COUNTY, NEW YORK Built by Abel Belknap in the 1750's, this is Newburgh's second oldest structure after the Hasbrouck House. Belknap was a Patriot who chaired the Committee of Safety during the war and allowed Major General, James Clinton, to use this house as his headquarters during the Continental Army's encampment in the Newburgh area from 1782-1783. Today, it serves

Register

Have an account?